Monday, January 18, 2010











It was nice to have Friday off. I got the Christmas decorations down outside. I got to go to Target and Borders. I found Tanner an Easter present at Target! It was the Buzz and Woody play set he wanted.. it was regular 45.00 but on clearance at 12.48. SCORE. Its up in the closet! He will love it! I should have looked at what else they had but there were 3 people in that isle and also they were trying to stock some of it.. it just wasn’t feasible.

Friday night Jamie and Sue came over to scrapbook. Jamie brought Emma so Tanner and her ran around the house and played. At about 10:00 they both got pretty tired and wound down and were laying on the couch almost sleeping!

On Saturday we got Tanner signed up for Soccer. We were hesitant to do so as .l.. well frankly we don’t enjoy soccer. Its also a big commitment. They start paying in May and go all the way thru the end of July or beginning of August. There are also snacks/drinks that you have to bring several times and line ref the games. But Tanner liked it.. so we will play again this year. Since he is still in T-Ball and that is only on Saturdays they don’t conflict. But who knows what the year after will be. Maybe he wont be into it that much. But right now I think he is still trying stuff out and seeing what he likes… He cant like all the sports all the time can he? If there is anything ever going on.. and you ask him if he wants to do it.. he will always say yes. He just really likes to be involved in stuff…. Which is good. I would hate for it to be the opposite!

I also booked the Condo for the Wisconsin Dells trip. We have never bee4n to the Wilderness before .. but have heard great things. I am sure with the Clancys and the Aitchisons along.. we will have a wonderful time.. it will also be nice to have some friends for Tanner there!

This Coming Friday I signed up to go on Tanners Field Trip to Swiss Valley Nature Center! It’s a program about birds… YUCK… but Tanner was thrilled that I was going to go!

Sunday Tanner and I were very busy. We went to the River Museum and saw Dan Wordell and Word Girl from Iowa Public TV. He used to watch Dan Wordell all the time before he was in kindergarten. We also looked at all the exhibits, saw the big gater and the huge fish! He loved seeing the ducks. We then went out side where he got to ice bowl and watch some ice sculptures being made. Slide down a big ramp for sleds. Then we headed to Burger King for lunch… and then off to the library. He picked out a few books… ones that he can read some of the words. Some DVDs, a computer game and also 2 books on tape. He loves the library and we really should go more.. but its such a mess down there right now. I can wait till the renovation is complete!

No comments: